Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I like to sit on the front porch and watch it rain. It's kind of like going to the movies, for me, only the world in front of me is my screen. The sight of the rain, the sound of the rain; that is the show. I don't have to pay to get in. I don't need popcorn and a coke, though often I do make a nice cup of home brew coffee before I head to the porch. The dogs are my companions. They don't talk during the show. They don't have cell phones waiting to ring. There is some nice thunder happening, now. What a soundtrack it provides.
.......

I took Shitski, uh errr, Jaggar the kitty to the vet, today. Jaggar has added a whole pound to his dinky frame in just two weeks, which had the ladies in the vet's office applauding him like he had just found the solution to our woes in Iraq. Jaggar got two shots, today. What a trooper he was. The vet and the vet tech tried to distract him with food, so that when he grows up, he will not associate shots with pain caused by the vet and try to claw aforementioned vet in the face in lieu of shots. Jaggar won't eat wet cat food, though, so he got his shots straight up. Funny thing is, about this kitten, though, he will eat Morisson's wet dog food.
.......
This lady who works at the vet's office, told me this story of how she has three litter boxes for her three cats, and how one of the cats will use the other two cats' boxes, but not his own. And he won't let either of the other two cats use his box, either. His box has to stay clean!

This lady is the one who cared for Jaggar for the first six weeks of his kitty life. She related to me that Jaggar was found near a Mc Donald's. His mother was out in the road. She had been run over by a car, and was dead. Jaggar had sat in one spot for so long, that they were scared that his little chest might never recover from it.

I'm happy to report that little Jaggar, now ten weeks old, is at my feet playing a weird game of hide and seek with the power cord to my computer. Jaggar is healthy, happy, frisky and fun.

Yeaaaaah.

No comments: