Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The sun is going down, and the sun tea is ready; I just spilled a bunch of it all over the kitchen counter. It tastes nice, to me, with stevia, a sweetener that won't give you cancer like they say that the pink, blue and yellow packeted ones will.

It's time for a session of evening poetry creation and toss the new tennis ball. Javi got to the first toss, first, so the game is on hold; he has to chew the yellow ball to death, he can't just drop it on the floor at my feet and let the game continue.

I've kind of decided to devote more time, right now, to poetry than to these journal entries. It seems that my poetry suffers when I spend too much time writing journals. Maybe there is a different head set to the two. Maybe there are only so many hours in the day. Anyway, Love likes the poetry better, and, for now, she is paying the bills, so I have to go with her preference.

Maybe...

Love and I are getting along real well, right now. She has learned to compromise. She has learned to give in. She has learned that I am the boss, that I am The Master and that she is The Slave. Hah. So not, but we are getting along real well, and she has learned how to end a fight way faster than she used to. When we first hooked up, and we would fight, she would sulk, and steal away into silence and not talk to me for days. Communication is key, we have learned. If you let the other person live in their head and imagine things, things just get worse. We have this thing called "pillow talk" where we go lie on the bed, put our head on the pillows and chat. This method has never failed to resolve any conflict between us. A nice side benefit to this method is that here we are, in the bed, all made-up from a fight and...what should we do next??!!!

We are out on the deck. Javi finally decided to give up the brand new tennis ball that he has been chewing on since I brought it out. Their is a problem though, one that Javi barks loudly about when I say, "Where's the ball?" The ball has, somehow, gotten itself lodged underneath the deck. Javi doesn't bark much, but exceptions are when his precious yellow balls roll under a couch or chair in the living room, or underneath the deck, here, outside. I really didn't want to get down in the dirt that surrounds the deck and dig the ball out, but I did. (I guess I'll do most anything for these dogs!) I'm nearly living in the country, I guess it won't hurt to get some dirt on my hands, every once in awhile, now will it?

The sun is red. The sun is to the right of me, trying to hide behind some trees. The sun is getting smaller and smaller. The sun has served us well, today. I thank the sun.

No comments: