Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sexy Within The Daily K
By Mikel K

Most days I don't feel sexy within. I don't feel sexy without, either. I don't much measure up to the media images of what a hot man is supposed to look like. I don't look good in a dress like Ru Paul does. I don't look good in a dress, like Kurt Cobain tried to. I don't feel right in a coat and tie; they choke me, and make me feel like I am playing somebody else's game. I look in the mirror, I see an overweight guy, who needs to shave, who never made the cover of anybody's magazine, was never GQ. The people over at Chippendale's would have laughed, had I ever asked to fill out an application. The guys and girls at Playgirl would have slammed the door in my face.

I'm ugly; inside and out. My dad made this clear to me.

That said, there are things that do make me feel sexy within; my kid, my pets, my writing.

Alcohol used to make me feel sexy, in fact alcohol was responsible for most of the sex that I had for the first thirty-four years of my life. Isn't that awful; your self-image is so low that you have to get drunk to feel good enough about yourself to chat with a lady at the bar. I could blame Dad, again, I could blame the Catholic Church, I could blame it on my genes, or my poor perception of how good I looked in those days in my jeans, but I won't. I'll take full responsibility for it. It was all my fault. I just didn't feel sexy within. Perhaps if I had, all that has happened to me wouldn't have happened to me. Not that things are bad, now. Like I said, my kids, my pets and my writing all make me feel sexy within. And there is this woman, who I met sober, who thinks I'm sexy. She makes me feel sexy within and without. I guess love is the key.

I'll try to show you some love from within this Sexy Within Website. From what I can tell, Lori has noble goals. I'll probably bitch some, though, because that is still my nature, though I strive on a daily basis to overcome it. I don't want to be a bitch; I want to be sexy within, don't you?

I write a near daily column called The Daily K. I post a lot of it at my myspace blog(www.myspace.com/mikelkpoet) Sometimes, in this column, I will be copying and pasting parts of The Daily K that I think that you just can't live without, that will make you feel sexy within. Hmmmmmmmm. Something like that. I'll also throw poems at you; because I'm a poet.

Enjoy.

No comments: