Tuesday, May 29, 2007

When I was a kid, my dad let me buy a turtle. I loved that turtle. That turtle was like a turtle to me. I fed it. I changed its water. I petted its shell. I stared at it for hours.

We went to the beach for a week, one summer, and my dad made me let my turtle go. He said that I wasn't taking care of it. I think that he was full of shit. I think that he just started feeling sorry for that turtle stuck there in a bowl in my bedroom.

Anyway, I have always missed my turtle. Today, I saw two cool turtles at this neat little homegrown store, out here in the near-country. My heart fluttered and skipped a beat or two.

Love and I took Javi to the vet, today, for a follow up look at his ears. The Vet said that his ears were looking way better, today, than they had two and four weeks ago, when we first visited her. She gave me a new bottle of medicine to squeeze in his ears, with a slightly different application schedule. She said that we were trying to get the old dog up to a maintenance level, where we would only have to treat his ears once or twice a week.

When we walked into the vet's office, one of the girls who works there came walking up with this precious little black kitten in her arms, and laid that precious black kitten in the arms of Love. The ladies at the office havc been trying to get us to become a good home for this little kitty, for weeks. I could tell, that with this little kitten in her arms, Love was smitten and we would become parents for the first time in our relationship. I had nicknamed the cat, Jaggar, two weeks ago and told the vet girls that if we took the kitten, that Jaggar would be his name.

Jagger is hiding in our house, somewhere, right now. He took a nap with Love, and when Love split to go hang out with her mother, Jaggar hung out with me in the office for about an hour and then went into hiding. He didn't get the warmest hello from Kobain, our other cat. Kobain sniffed Jaggar a bit and then hissed at him and stalked off, like he owned the place. At the vet's office, when we introduced Javi to Jagger, Javi snapped at him, which was cause for alarm for Love.

Morisson stalks the kitty, following him everywhere, when he is visible. Only in this household could a Jaggar and a Morisson get it together.

No comments: