Thursday, May 10, 2007

I hit the horn Loud, today, as a crack addict wandered, sans shoes, in brand new looking white socks, across a busy street, in front of me, causing me to have to hit the brakes, hard, in order to not flatten her into the pavement and ruin the front of my near brand new vehicle. This person had complete disregard for me, until I hit the horn; then she shot me a fuck you look, and walked out into the next lane of traffic.

There is a sector of the population, many of whom predominate in this particular area ,of this city, where I found myself driving, today, who don't obey traffic signals, who have no regard for others, and a seeming disregard for themselves. Why else would they walk out in front of your vehicle, out of nowhere, and, when you stop for them, slow down and cross the street in front of you like a hemorrhaging turtle with 3 1/2 broken legs and a bad attitude that seems to be aimed at you, though you only met them 60 seconds ago, and have not really been fully introduced?

I wonder if this behavior is specific to Atlanta or if all major American cities are treated to such displays of exactly what I am not sure? Perhaps this is the downtrodden's way of getting back at a society that has left them behind, a society that has complete disregard for them and their drug and alcohol problems; a society that could care less about their abject poverty. The rest of us have places to go, money to make; get the fuck out of our way. The Revolution will not start with you nearly killing yourself in front of my car. The Revolution will never start. It's status quo forever, baby; if you don't have your piece of the rock, well then you don't have your piece of the rock. Go to church a lot on Sundays and put lots of money in the basket. Your reward is waiting for you in the hereafter. I promise; but me, I'm no gambler, I'm going to get mines here.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

No comments: