Friday, May 18, 2007

As I may have told you, previously, Love bought a couple of bird feeders and two bird baths, and put them out in front of "our" home; we start living in sin in eight days! We put the feeders and baths amongst some trees in the front yard, so that we can sit on the front patio and watch the birds happily clean themselves and eat bird seeds.

All I've seen, so far, out front is squirrels scurrying from the feeders, as I close the front door behind me. I think that the noise of the door opening alerts the squirrels that it is time to split.
I think that the door opening makes any birds that might be bathing or eating fly off, also.

Last night, Love said that the bird seed was all gone in the feeders, and that she thought that I might like to add more. She was right; I want to feed the birds and keep their bathwater full and clean. After getting panhandled by crack addicts and street drunks, while living in the city for the last twenty seven years, getting a bit away from people and closer to birds, and even squirrels, is refreshing.
.......
Old dog Javi walked way down our hilly front lawn, this morning, almost to the road. I got this strange feeling that he was going to cross the road and go into the woods and die; but he didn't, he came back up the hill with a tennis ball in his mouth that had, somehow, found it's way down
to the bottom of the lawn near the road. What a tennis ball addict; he will go to any lengths to have a tennis ball in his mouth to chew on and chase.
.......

No comments: