Saturday, May 12, 2007

Scout picked Spider Man 3, tonight, as the movie that we would go see. In all the years that she has been picking movies for us, and that would be about ten years now, Scout has never picked a loser. I didn't want to go see Spider Man 3. I saw the first two and thought that they were awful, but I let my daughter figure do the picking, and she picked what she picked. About half way through the movie, she started asking me if we could leave. I don't leave movies; if I have paid to see it, I'm going to see it, even if I have to suffer through it. The tickets for this one were a buck and a quarter shy of twenty dollars. "Dinner" at the movie theatre, as Scout called it, was another thirty bucks for a couple of hotdogs, a couple of sodas, a medium popcorn, two nearly stale pretzels and a small bag of candy that pulled a temporary cap out of my mouth on the third chew; that means the movie cost me sixty bucks and another visit to the denist.

Ealier in the day, I asked Love if she thought it was going to rain. There wasn't a cloud in sight on the Atlanta skyline and I thought that I would be using the vehicle again, fairly soon, so I left the sunroof open. Later in the day it didn't occur to me that while I was writing about my dog Morisson being scared by lightening outside, that my sun roof was down. Result: the interior of my months old car soaked. I was really trying to not get nuerotic over this. I kept telling myself that my beautiful vehicle was only a material possession. But, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK; I really wish that I hadn't left the sun roof open, and I'll never do it again.

I hate fucking sun roofs. I don't' like to drive with the sun roof open; I like to have the ac on. A sun roof is just a miserable accident waiting to happen, in my hands. Is there a place or way to have them sealed?

No comments: