Friday, May 11, 2007

Both dogs just had a nice bath; my girlfriend treats them to this, once a month, at this sweet little dog wash down the street. The dynamic duo get the hot oil treatment; they get the oatmeal rinse. They come home smelling like I imagine Zsa Zsa Garbor and her sister do; or at least did, in the day.

Younger Dog Morisson underwent a painful and weird experience, last night. I bought a new candle and when I was done with it for the night, I reached over to grab it and pull it towards me, but, instead, the candle fell off the table, upside down, and just as the candle was falling, Morisson came walking over towards me, and the candle landed on his back. Scout immediately grabbed Morisson and took him into the kitchen, where she doused him with water. His fur was matted with hardened wax and he had a burn mark on him. The whole event didn't really phase Morisson; in minutes he was once again his own starved for attention self, seeking biscuits and love, wherever and whenever possible within the household.

The dog wash place did a great job of getting the wax out of Mr. Morisson's fur and I can no longer see a burn mark. It just goes to show that an accident can happen in the household out of the blue, and it is not always the humans who are home who so at risk.

No comments: