Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today, I am like the hashbrowns at some greasy diner are about to be:I am scattered, tattered, and covered in a neurotic web that leaves me no choice but to soon head for the bed; but, I can't head right to the bed, I am on hold, on the telephone, waiting for the lady at the Gas Company to come back on the line and tell me when and if they are going to turn our gas back on.

All day long, we have been told by the Gas Company that our service has not been cut off; however, I took a cold shower this morning, there is no heat, and we couldn't cook, even if we wanted to. This is really not a crisis. The shower that I took, this morning, was refreshing. We probably won't need heat again until the fall, and by then, we will not have lived in this apartment for months, and as I said, at this point in time, we are not cooking: we eat out.

Older Dog Javi doesn't care about the gas being out. He is sprawled on the carpet, deep in sleep.
Scout just gave me a heads up that Javi "was dreaming." She said that she could tell this because Javi's back feet were moving..."

The lady from the Gas Company now says that yes they did cut off the gas, and not only did they cut off the gas, but they took the meter, also. That is kind of weird; why did they take the meter? Do I have a reputation down there at the Gas Company as a possible gas thief? I've had the service for eight years, and only had the service shut off, due to near poverty, at that time, once. My bet is that the young lady will come back and say that we need to send them some sort of huge deposit in order to start taking hot showers again. My faith is not in The Supervisor who the young lady has put me on hold to go talk to about our gas situation.

Anyway, Scout was saying that Javi was "having a dream about running" because his reat feet were moving, as he slept. I thought that it was funny that he was moving his two back feet in this dream, because they were the two legs that he could hardly walk on, yesterday, after chasing the tennis ball so furiously, for longer than I should have let him. Javi never wants to stop running after the little yellow ball, and it is often hard for me to gauge what amount of exercise is too much for the dog, because he doesn't treat it as exercise, but as sheer fun.

These assholes, errrr fine people at the Gas Company, run the same sales pitch in your ear over and over as you are on hold and I've been on hold for almost 15, now 25 minutes, off and on over two calls that the young lady who is helping me has had to make. You are getting the play by play of a man put on hold by a monopoly that would tell you that it is not a monopoly, "but sir, you have choices when it comes to who you choose to serve you your gas." Yes, and there is such a huge price difference between these companies, isn't there.

I'm not in the mood to bitch. Life is full of little glitches that fuck with your tranquility, and with most of these little glitches, the pain that you suffer as a result of these glitches is self-induced, depending on how you choose to handle them, how you react to them. Well, don't I sound like some sort of a buddhist know it all, or a man who has logged at least ten grand of couch time on a hundred dollar an hour therapist's couch? Soon, I'll have a book out entitled, "How You Can Have A Good Attitude Like Me"(why just buy my book, of course.)

Scout wrote a scene in a play for a play that her and some girls from her school are writing for some class at the school. School is out in a week and a half for young Ms. Scout, and though I believe that she enjoyed writing her scene in the play, I know that she will enjoy summer vacation more. Isn't this a really deep thought? Mind you, I'm still on hooooooooold, waiting for the Gas Company to tell me how much money I will have to give them for what they have taken away from me.

This whole matter is Love's fault!! Ha. Ha. (No details forthcoming...)

No comments: