Thursday, May 17, 2007

This day has started with, of course, a walk outside with the dogs and a few moments to feed the two of them. I got an email from Kevin, who is my daughter's biological father, "bio-papa," I sometimes call him with a link to a youtube movie that he shot of our daughter last year when she was in her first dressage competition. Dressage is a horse thing, is basically all I can tell you; the kids involved ride their horse around the corral is it, and they know the rules; I don't. All I know is that it was a beautiful thing to watch our daughter, all dressed up for dressage, ride that majestic animal about. She said yesterday that she is thinking about playing soccer and running track in the fall, but for a number of years now it has been horses, horses, horses.

I hate the word step or half, by the way, so that is why you never hear me refer to this wonderful young lady in my life as half or step of anything to me. She is mine mine mine, all mine!
.......

Scout and I have arranged for me to pick her up everyday from school until the end of school, for this year, which is next Friday. One of her friends turned her onto a double chocolate chip frappuccino, yesterday, with a small sip, and, of course, you know where Ms. Priss wanted to head, today, after school. Isn't this how drug dealers hook you on their product; they give you a small sample to hook you!! Scout gave me a sip, today, but it didn't hook me. I am staying with my venti cappuccino with four or six shots, thank you.

I just handed young girl Scout, old dog Javi's ear medicine, and said, "Here, ten to twelve drops in each ear; you know the routine."

Young Girl Scout whined a bit, "Oh you know that I hate to do this."

I said, "Well, it's not really my favorite thing to do, either, and I have to do it all the time: why do you think I ask for your help?"

She smiled, and slurped the last few sips of her coffee drink. Imagine; my little girl is drinking coffee drinks!!

No comments: