Wednesday, May 16, 2007

When I took the dogs out to relieve themselves, this fine a.m. I was immediately hit in the face by a near dense black smoke. I knew that it was too early for one of the neighbors to be out grilling burgers, so I wondered what was up. I walked the dogs a bit down the street; the smoke grew less dense. One of my neighbors came jogging up with her dog.

"Did you see where the fire came from?" I asked her.

"No," she said, "but it does seem to be hanging quite a bit over downtown."

"That's weird," I said.

"Yes," she said, "I wonder if it is from the wildfires in Florida?"

"Wow," I said, "that is a possibility, I guess." It is very weird to think that Atlanta may be affected by the sad and horrifying event that is destroying so much of Florida. It is also sad and horrifying to think about the huge number of natural disasters that are affecting humanity.

Are we to blame, or is nature just doing what it does?

.....

I told my son that Jerry Falwell died and he said, "Who?"

I told him who I thought that Jerry Falwell was, and my son said, "Well, there will be another one to replace him." I'm trying to bite my tongue on this man's passing. If my bitch is that he was hateful and mean, it doesn't do any good for my to be hateful and mean in regards to his passing.

........
Speaking of being hateful and mean: The neighbor who I haven't spoken to in weeks because he said that he had "done all that he could do" about his dogs being a nuisance passed me by in his car today. I am comfortable with us ignoring each other, instead of carrying on some false, "hey there howdy neighbor how are you, when his dogs have been a gross imposition into my attempt at a tranquil reality in the apartment down below his.

I am capable of meanness and hate. I'm a sinner. I'm bad, evil, terrible.
.......

I had an awful dream, last night. I relapsed.

No comments: