Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 9, 2007 Dream

In my dream, last night, my old editor Chelli Brown was freaking out because I would not have my column ready for its Monday due date. I told her that I had heard her on the internet or the radio giving a movie review. She was very happy about this, excitedly saying, "Yes, that is on the Playboy Channel, maybe it will lead to a full spread." I said to her, "would you really be happy with that?" She couldn't believe my query. "Of course I would," she said. I expressed sorrow that I didn't understand her elation, saying that I was raised Catholic, and maybe there were some lingering feelings from that experience that related to this issue. She said to write a piece about it, a "community piece." Then, in my dream, I continued to experience intense frustration about not having my column in on time. The dream was overall very tense, very frustrating, and I am surprised that I woke up this morning very refreshed and ready to go.

Perhaps, in this dream, I slept away frustrations that I normally carry into awakedness with me. They say that it is good to write down the dreams that you remember, so this is what I have done. Like the band Aerosmith sings, "Dream on."

No comments: