Friday, March 30, 2007

I have to pick Scout up from school an hour and a half early, today. She has an orthodondist appointment. Yesterday, she said something about, "Oh, no. I haven't been wearing my rubber bands." I don't know how this will affect her appointment, but I'm sure that we will find out in a couple of hours.

I never had to wear braces. I often got compliments on my teeth, when I was younger. They were straight and white. It is funny how some people are given some things, and other people are given other things. Scout came out of the womb with crooked teeth. Looking at pictures of her back before the braces were put on her, it is hard to imagine just how crooked her teeth was.

She is a beautiful young lady, though, in mind and appearance. God has given her those things and her father, by sweating it out at the job, is giving her straight teeth. If she is supposed to be
putting her rubber bands on, then she better be putting her rubber bands on. My dad used to tell me that he worked too hard for me to turn up my nose at what my mother cooked for us. Scout's pappa works too hard for her to not do what she needs to do with her braces.

So there.

No comments: