Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's funny: my son has given mention to not going of to either Chicago or San Francisco for college. He aired the thought that maybe he would stay in Atlanta for a year, get a job and save some money. I told him that at the kind of jobs he would be able to get, he, most likely, wouldn't be able to save any money.

When he announced that he was applying to art schools in far off lands, I was abhorred. We can't afford it was the first thought, and the second thought was that I did not want this young man who I have been around, hugged. laughed with, scolded and molded into what he is today to go off and leave me.

Now, my thought is that he should go off and leave me, especially since he has gotten into one of the best art schools in the country. There is still that "we can't afford it issue" to be dealt with, though.

No comments: