Friday, March 23, 2007

I was trembling a lot, especially in my hands, which is especially frustrating for a fellow who spends many hours of each day with his hands on a keyboard typing; so I went to the Doctor: she said that it was probably the lithium and that I should go see my Shrink. I have seen my shrink once or twice since that first day that he shook my hand and profusely welcomed me to his practice, which is fine because I see a counselor, a therapist within his practice and she has turned out to be a God send.

I made an appointment to talk to my therapist about my trembling hands and she asked me if I had lost weight. I said why yes and thank you for noticing! She said that I might have too much lithium in me now that I had dropped some pounds and that I needed to go get a lithium level check done. I did and, after looking at the results, she called and said to cut back from six little pink pills before bedtime to five. I did this and some weeks later I'm scared that I have lost some of the insulation that the sixth pill provides. I am not snappy. I am not much externally angry, but, inside, most everything and everyone is pissing me off.

It's no way to live and I will have to do something about it.

No comments: