Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I just took the first sip of my first cup of coffee, today. It was an excellent sip. It is an excellent day. I would like to thank my higher power for allowing me to breath the air of a new day, see the new day.

Scout will not be with me, this afternoon. She will be attending Mammaw's funeral. Mammaw was her great grandmother. Mammaw was a great woman. Yesterday, Scout and her father went to the viewing. I made the comment to her father that viewings are awful. He said that it wasn't.

I'm not sure where to go with this now. I don' t feel that it is an appropriate time to get into my feelings on viewings and funerals, the whole process of burying that is the norm in this country and, I guess, throughout the world. I just want to offer up prayers for Mammaw, Scout and her beautiful father on this solemn day, but beautiful day.

May God's love be with all of them.

No comments: