Monday, April 2, 2007

I think that it was the older dog who woke me, this morning. He often does, as he often has to take care of business, immediately, the first thing in the morning. As I walked across the living room to get his leash, I looked down our hallway, as I do, every morning, when I wake, and looked at the bottom of my son's closed bedroom door to see if the light was on yet. I immediately realized that the light would not be on, this morning and would not be on all week, as my son was in Florida with friends for spring break.

It is funny, the little things that give me comfort. Seeing that light on at the bottom of my boy's door in the morning gives me a great comfort; it lets me know that my son is alive and well and that my son is in that room getting ready to start his day. My boy is growing up so fast; I fully realize that someday, soon, he won't be turning on that light, in that room, at the end of that hallway; he will be turning a light on somewhere else; in a college dorm, in a house with roommates, in a home with a wife or girlfriend.

I need to fully enjoy each minute of each day that that light is turned on, that that young man is in that room, soon headed down the hallway to say "good morning," and "good bye," to his father, as he heads out the front door to his Senior year of high school.
-----------------------
I recieved a My Space message, this morning, that said, "I'm sorry that you hate God." Some people can't read. I don't hate God. I don't believe in organized religion and I don't trust Catholic priests, Christian ministers or zealot Muslims. I believe in live and let live and I don't like you shoving your God up my buttocks. I have my own special one on one relationship with my higher power; and I like it that way. I don't need guidance in my dialogue with the Lord. He or she and I get along just fine without the assistance of men who want you to put money in their basket for turning you onto their God.

I start every day by saying, "Thank you, Lord, for letting me see the air of a new day, breath the air of a new day. Guide me in thought, word and action, Lord, thy will be done not mine, thy will be done not mine. Please keep me off of drugs, alcohol and cigarettes." I then pray for every family member and anyone else who I can think of who might need a little prayer to get them through their day here on earth or get them through their day in heaven.

I don't pray prescribed prayers.

You can and I won't hate you for it.

To each their own, baby.

Dig?

No comments: