Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm tired, but I can't sleep. Do you know that feeling? It sucks. I am exhausted from not being able to sleep, last night, because I accidentally ingested a lot of caffeine right near bedtime and couldn't sleep worth a shit. I thought that tonight I'd be able to catch it up, snooze great, wake up feeling wonderful, but it's one of those nights where, when I sit at the keyboard, I can hardly keep my eyes open, and then, when I shut the computer down, fall onto the mattress, turn out the lights, and put the c pap machine mask on, I'm wide awake on that bed staring off into the dark. Anyway, I'm not bitching. Things are good here. Sleep will come, when sleep will come. Think about all the seventeen and eighteen year old kids, soldiers, in harm's way tonight, if you need some gratitude. And think of that kid, or kids, in Africa or China, or anyhere, who is, and who are, starving for food, or starving for love, or starving for food and love. Take gratitude where you can find it. Gratitude is good.

No comments: