Sunday, April 1, 2007

I was just clicking my fingers so ferociously to the introduction to "L.A. Woman," by The Doors, that I woke my oldest dog up. Oldest dog places himself near me, nearly at my feet, not so much out of love, but because that is the best vantage point that he can get to the kitchen. This dog does not miss a beat, when it comes to the kitchen. Whether you are preparing food for yourself, for him, for the other dog or for the cat, older dog is down and digging on the scene.

Oldest dog's name is Javi and he has these soulful brown eyes that don't so much beg for grub as hypnotize you into giving him an extra dog treat here and there throughout the day.
------------------

Dude next door is dealing bags; I'm convinced of it. I can hear his door get knocked on, open and bang shut all day long and way into the wee hours of the night. Cars pull up. People knock on the door and enter. Many come right back out; many stay about the time that it takes to smoke a joint. Cars pull out. None of this would piss me off(I think that pot should be legal and thus someone would and should have to sell it) except that his customers park right in front of my house, good ole apartment number 17, and take my parking space. I live here. I pay rent. And I can't get a parking space anywhere near my front door nearly three quarters of the time.

I thought about dropping a dime, but I don't really want to do that. I thought about grabbing a can of spray paint, and tagging his door with "A DRUG DEALER LIVES HERE." I've thought about this and all kinds of other things to try to get this and other neighbors to conform to my expectations of what is neighborly and what is not. Why won't people do what I want them to? Why won't the world conform to my expectations? Who died and made me King?

Suppose I drop a dime and dude shoots my kid.? Suppose I spray paint his door and the landlord evicts ME and I get arrested for vandalism?

Live and let live; ehhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Like Lee Ving, of the band Fear, screamed in one of his songs, most raucous and wonderful punk rock songs, "I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE LIVIN' IN THE CITY!!"

No comments: