Sunday, April 1, 2007

This morning, moments ago, as I looked in on love, who was still sleeping, while I was pounding the typewriter keys, in pursuit of the perfect poem, the perfect journal entree, I thought that maybe she and I could fill the John and Yoko "all you need is love" void that was created when John was shot. Yes, I thought, me and my gal could be the new champions for love. We could be the new champions for great relationships and relations amongst men. We could be the new champions for peace and love in the world.

Stop.

I don't want to champion anything. I don't want to show anyone how to do anything. I don't want to tell anyone how to live. I just want to live in peace and quiet. I just want to live in love.
You do your thing, mate; I'll do mine. Let's just respect each other and not step on each other's toes or fuck each other's girlfriends or steal an election and then fuck the nation over.

Dig?

No comments: