Sunday, April 1, 2007

This poison pet food thing really sucks. I just heard on the radio that pet snacks are now suspect, as well as wet and dry food. The thing to do, said some vet, who also said that the most important thing to do was to get your pet into the vet, was to check for wheat gluten from China. He said that if the wheat gluten in your pets snacks, wet and dry food was from the US then you were ok; your pets weren't in danger of kidney damage. He also said that one of the signs of kidney damage was if your animal was drinking a lot of water.

I drink a lot of water.

I have kidney damage; but no I haven't been eating my pets' food. My kidney damage is either from diabetes or the use of lithium to combat this little bipolar thing that I have going. The Doctor put me on some sort of pill for the kidney damage. I'm not sure if the pill is supposed to arrest the process of kidney disintegration or halt it. Often, I just do what my Doctor says, because I trust her; and I don't trust many doctors. Do most kids go to med school to save lives, to promote health or to make a good living?

My insurance said that they would not pay for the drug that was supposed to help my kidneys. I wonder if they in in cahoots with the wheat gluten makers in China?

No comments: