Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm trying not to go overboard on this. A month or so ago, I found half a pack of cigarettes in the car, that my girlfriend was nice enough to hand the keys to to my son. He lied and told me that they belonged to this other kid. I believed him. Two days ago, my girlfriend was taking out the trash, and she found a cigarette butt, the same kind of cigarette butt as the cigarettes that I had found in my son's car. I asked my son if he was smoking. This time he said yes. I didn't get pissed off at him. I have always told him that he can come to me with things like this. If he starts smoking or drinking and all that, it is his business. Just because I am a recovered cigarette smoker and a recovered drunk doesn't neccessarily mean that he will go down the same path, though there is a chance of it, heredit.arily, on the alcohol thing.

No comments: